Production Supervisor 2nd shift – $75k base 15% annual bonus – Portland, OR
The Production Supervisor will lead a team of 15-50 production line employees in a food manufacturing environment and be responsible for production performance, planning/utilization, policy compliance and team member training and development.
* Ensure on-time startup and shut down.
* Ensure the inventory control verification process is followed.
* Schedule daily staffing requirements based on the budget per product.
* Assign employees’ production requirements daily to ensure employees know exactly what their job responsibilities are each day.
* Responsible for maintaining and updating visual training documents for production line.
* Work with Production Manager to identify staffing needs, address operational issues for continuous improvement, and assist with the implementation of operational standards or processes.
* Responsible for accurate completion of required production and FSQA documents the day of production.
* Reduce and/or eliminate the amount of finished product rework/rejects by adhering to FSQA policies and procedures.
* Follow GMP and HACCP program standards as outlined.
* Train and enforce best practices throughout the line and facility.
* Meet daily production of budgeted targets.
* Conduct JSA training on an employee’s first day of work for any area the employee may be working in.
* Ensure training completed for all new employees, temp-to-hires, day laborers, and for newly promoted employees.
* Assign a mentor to support and educate new operators in training.
* Conduct 90-day performance reviews with all newly hired employees.
* Continually monitor performance of all employees.
* Practice and apply safe working principles, creating awareness for all employees on the production line.
* Identify, reduce, or eliminate the potential risks and hazards of accidents and safety related incidents.
* Conduct 5-minute “Daily Huddle” meetings to discuss safety topics.
* Perform safety observations on production practices.
* Make recommendations to safety committee and/or initiate safety related activities as appropriate to support and maintain the objective of zero accidents per year.
* Complete Basic Safe incident report within established time line as defined.
* Lead root-cause analysis (RCA) for all safety related incidents within established time
line as defined.