San Diego, California
Pay Rate: $20-$27/hr
Schedule: 9/80 work week (9hr days, one 3-day weekend every other week) Monday -Friday schedule. Work hours are somewhat flexible but would be 9 hours somewhere between 6am and 6pm with ½ hour or hour for lunch.
Location is mostly onsite, but can be work from home 1 day per week.
AP experience in manufacturing environment preferred but not required.
Looking for a candidate who enjoys AP is detail-oriented and has strong communication skills.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator performs a range of tasks in support of the Accounts Payable/Receivable Team. Prepares records, verifies, and reports accounts payable and or receivable transactions. This position reports to the site Controller.
Job Core Responsibilities
• Performs a variety of routine tasks including preparing, recording, verifying, analyzing, and reporting accounts payable/receivable transactions.
• Pays vendor invoices, receives, and posts customer payments on a timely basis. Maintains the databases, reports, and records that are necessary to support Accounts Payable/Receivable Team activities.
• Maintains and reconciles accounts payable/receivable ledger accounts, financial statements, and reports.
• Performs analysis and reconciliations of bill runs for fraud detection. Ensures that transaction entry verification procedures are followed.
• Maintains the databases, reports, and records that are necessary to support Accounts Payable/Receivable Team activities.
• Communicates effectively through phone, e-mail, and correspondence, while maintaining a professional manner.
• Keeps strict confidentiality of all financial information according to company policies and procedures.
• Prepare journal entries, process invoices for payment.
• Prepare / review assigned account statement reconciliations.
• Prepare assigned account variance analysis. Work with planners and procurement team/buyers to research and resolve.
• Participate in the monthly and annual closing activities.
• Maintain policy and procedure documents providing direction and assistance for the operations, personnel, procedures, and practices of the Accounts Payable
• Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
• Years Experience: 2 years or more of relevant experience
• Knowledge and experience in accounts payable/receivable processes and the ability to coordinate activities for a team.
• Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
• Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks in changing situations.
• Ability to recognize and solve typical problems and select solutions from established options. Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Previous work experience with a combination of general accounting, accounts payable, 1099, employee expense reimbursement, corporate credit card and accounting procedure and practices
• Strong working experience working with invoice processing against a purchase order and resolving match exception issues.
• Experience with sales and use tax.
• Skilled user of Excel and working with ERP systems.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Additional Info :