Accounting Manager – Chino, CA $70-$90k
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Accounting Manager is responsible for the overall
administration, coordination and evaluation of the financial function, aligning business goals and
objectives with the overall organization. Directly responsible for managing the following functional areas:
accounting, payroll, bookkeeping, billing, accounts receivable/payable, risk management and payroll
system administration. Supervises and develops direct reports to maximize department effectiveness. Responsible for all employees of the Accounting Department and is responsible for the
performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
* Develop financial strategies by anticipating, estimating and forecasting organization’s funds; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results.
* Responsible for the creation and management of the operating budget for all departments.
* Responsible for the development of policies, systems, special financial studies and internal controls.
* Implement and monitor the monthly, quarterly and year-end closeout accounting schedules, payroll and bank audits.
* Audit accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
* Create and maintain the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
* Collaborate with CEO regarding donor, sponsors and fund-raising funds received.
* Distribute resident P&I monies to the appropriate program and ensure petty cash is distributed.
* Provide training and development to direct reports to stay abreast of new accounting policies and practices.
* Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
* Advise management on matters of fiscal procedure and importance for the organization.
* Provide reports to the CEO and Board Members by analyzing data and using accounting metrics.
* Maintain responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all accounting/payroll matters.
* Ensure adequate cash is on hand or available to meet current and anticipated operating needs through monitoring cash balances and regular banking requirements.
* Oversee semi-monthly payroll processing and expense reports. Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
* Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages,
benefits, sick and vacation time in line with Company Policies.
* Ensure client billing, Regional Center e-billing, and all invoices for accounts receivable are submitted in a timely manner.
* Collaborate with outside vendors as it relates to Company Insurance policies.
* Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
* In consultation with Human Resources, recruit, employ, train and discipline all Accounting applicants and staff.
* Attend all required trainings and staff meetings. Complete required E-learning coursework by due dates.
* Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
* Ability to work various shifts and overtime as needed.