Auburn Hills, Michigan
Accurately and efficiently collects accounts receivables. The A/R Specialist is a metrics-driven position responsible for effectively initiating calls to delinquent customers to collect payments and settle accounts, while providing World Class customer service to their internal and external customers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Safely completing all job duties in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
• Notifies customers with delinquent accounts and attempts to secure payment.
• Mails bills and past-due notices to customers.
• Utilizes the company’s Business System to record detailed notes on any communication with customers, including expected payment, financial status, collection efforts, etc.
• Arranges payment plans for customers with past due accounts.
• Verifies customer account information and processes credit card payments.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, ensuring that issues are resolved in a prompt and professional manner.
• Works closely with branch personnel to troubleshoot and resolve various AR collection issues.
• Keenly aware of opportunities to improve processes and provides suggestions.
• Utilizes reports to assist in completion of various job functions
• Data entry of online billings
• New customer set ups as needed
• Enter A/R adjustments as needed
• Month end reporting as needed
• Assists team members with projects and tasks as assigned
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Solid individual contributor
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively
• Continuous improvement mindset in pursuit of excellence.
• Good negotiation/problem-solving skills
• Solid critical thinking skills
• Effective listening skills
• Strong initiative with a demonstrated sense of urgency
• Ability to adapt to a variety of personalities
• Proactive communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills utilizing the English language
• Good attention to detail with solid follow-up skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
• Meets appropriate deadlines
• Accurate and results oriented
• Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
• Effective time management skills
• Professional appearance and behavior
Educational & Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 2 or 4 year degree preferred
• 2+ years collection experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance; stoop, kneel, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Additional Info :