Under close supervision, with full cycle accounts, the Accounts Payable Clerk performs prescribed
Accounts Payable tasks. Responsible for performing a range of accounting and clerical tasks related to the accounts payable department. This includes receiving, processing, verifying invoices, tracking and recording purchase orders and processing payments.
- Reviews, verifies and matches invoices, packing slip, and purchase orders and looks for approvals if required.
- Researches and resolves invoice discrepancies and escalates if necessary.
- Enters invoices into system and prepares and performs check runs.
- Ensures payments are up-to-date and ensures all discounts are taken.
- Checks payable items daily and checks daily payable item list for accuracy.
- Communicates frequently and effectively with vendors, peers and supervisors in verbal and in writing on matters of accounts payable transactions.
- Prepares weekly cash requirement for check run and wires and gets approval before processing payments.
- Reconciles vendors” AR aging with Bay Cities” AP aging at month end and analyzes variances.
- Produces month end open PO report and AP accrual report and makes accurate AP accrual entries.
- Reconciles AP accounts at month end and update schedules and close payables on time.
- Assists with month end closing and provides supporting documentation for audits.
- Obtains proper approvals and code correct GL accounts for all expenses, and processes expense reports and delivers all reimbursement checks on time.
- Sets up and maintains the fillings for the payables and disbursement checks.
- Prepares 1099 at year end.
- Assists internal and external audits.
- Accurately review, code and process vendor invoices.
- Ensures bills and payroll are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures
- Performs other tasks as required.