Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Must be capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools to include but not limited to: Planer Mill, Radial Drill, Engine Lathe, VTL, HBM, Jig Bore, Vertical and Horizontal Hone, ID Grinder, OD Grinder, Surface Grinder, Centerless Grinder, conventional Mill/Lathe, and CNC/NC Mill/Lathe.
2. Frequently, operations are repair type in nature, which requires the restoration of overhaul parts.
3. Works under the supervision of a Team Leader who gives minimal instructions. Team Leader is available for consultation.
4. Employee is responsible for maintaining/improving housekeeping standard in his/her work area and adhering to established safety rules and practices.
5. Must understand shop floor computerized time and attendance system and independently execute assigned responsibilities. Examples of those responsibilities are: clocking in and out upon arrival and departure from work, close shop order sequences when work is complete, etc.