Job Description: Summary:
The main function of an Commissioning Technician is to provide software and parameters to prototype vehicles. Doing CAN network checks, gathering ECU/SW/parameter for vehicle, inclusive wiring checks throughout build process, inclusive safety/system checks, intermediate troubleshooting for CAN, ECU, and wiring related systems, sign off on vehicle.
• Read wiring diagrams/schematic for troubleshooting
• Use programing tools Diagnostic Link/CAN tools/Cummins Insight and others to program proto build ECU’s
• Troubleshoot vehicle’s using DMMs/ Oscopes when necessary
• Replace defective or improperly functioning components
• Repair/add wires terminals when needed
• Work closely with Design engineering to gather parameters and troubleshooting
• Write up and track issues using Jira and other documentation programs
•Perform Safety checks and full vehicle functionality
• Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
• Team player and detail oriented.
• Good documentation Skill
• Knowledge of programming tools Diagnostic Link or similar
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Experience with Vector CAN tools such as CANape, CANoe, and CANalyzer Preferred
•Degree in Electrical engineering required.
• 1+ years experience required.