RPO Direct Hire
Salary Range $82K- $110K
Location: Irvine, CA 92618
- Administers assigned contracts of moderate scope and complexity to ensure fulfillment of contractual obligations. Defines requirements, generates and provides input for proposals, negotiates pricing and terms, monitors contract performance and ensures compliance with contract requirements.
- Determines customer contractual requirements for new products and/or systems (i.e. Proposals that include engineering design and system hardware) and other specialized assignments.
- Has responsibilities for Order Management comprising: Limited order entry, schedule changes, portal management, creations of Demand Plans as part of Sales and Operating Plan (S&OP), customer communication and PO/Contract review and analysis.
SCOPE/SUPERVISION AND INTERACTION:
- Does Not Have Direct Reports
- Individual contributor role typically reporting to a Contract Manager or Lead position. Has regular interaction within and across teams and with customers.
- Administers specialized and/or major contracts by analyzing performance requirements and customer purchase order requirements including those issued against Basic Contract Agreements and/or Long-Term Agreements. Analyses include performance to delivery schedules, pricing, terms and conditions and other contract provisions.
- Determines technically and commercially compliant proposal packages of diverse scope and complexity for major customers in response to customer and contract requirements. Evaluates performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates of costs of material, equipment, and labor hours.
- Initiates bid process by identifying requirements and coordinating input from other functions. Develops responses to requests for proposal (RFP) of difficult scope and complexity by reviewing bid process procedures, reviewing material, test, and other requirements, and preparing appropriate responses. Prepares and submits complex proposals.
- Negotiates complex contract requirements in accordance with legal and company regulations and policies. Negotiates price, terms and conditions, deliveries, and other business issues within scope of responsibility. Ensures contract provisions are clear and conform to company policy.
- Investigates and resolves claims or complaints by collecting and analyzing information. Coordinates with relevant functions on technical and/or quality issues, data requirements, and other business issues as applicable.
- Monitors contract performance by determining compliance to contract requirements and determining the need for amendments or extensions to the contract. Determines when customer directed changes are out-of-scope.
- May be responsible for division or site export compliance administration and training to ensure company data and intellectual property meets all regulatory requirements.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and/or materials.
- Acts as the point of contact with the customer on assigned contracts and participates in customer presentations.
- Maintains current professional and technical knowledge and may participate in professional associations (e.g. The National Contract Management Association NCMA or the International Association of Commercial Contract Management).
- Complies with the federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
- May provide guidance to others in contracts, a related function, or a business team. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Shares specialized knowledge with others; trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related discipline. Contract management certification preferred (e.gNational Contract Management Association (NCMA); International Association of Commercial Contract Management (IACCM) unless JD or MBA.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of progressive experience.
- Thorough knowledge of contract administration principles, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to contract administration, and government contracting, if applicable.
- Training from a professional organization in export control (e.g., Export Compliance Training Institute (ECTI) preferred.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of corporate and division policies and administrative procedures.
- Proficient in the use of standard business applications software and specialized in-house and customer systems.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret policies and contracts and recommend changes to procedures.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to negotiate effectively to obtain best prices and terms on products, materials, and services.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, customers, and top management.