Airway Heights, WA, Washington
ENGINEER – NDT LEVEL 3
DIRECT HIRE (EXPERIENCED ONLY) – 2- 4 years experience
This role has a 12.5% ACIP target.
Salaried Role – Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate
Salary range is $93K – $120K
Direct Offer will be based on experience and background
1st Shift – Monday through Friday (6:00AM – 2:30PM)
Develop processes, procedures, and training plans for non-destructive testing per industry standards and customer requirements. Evaluate and certify personnel who perform non-destructive testing on a variety of sheet metal aircraft components.
Functions and Responsibilities
• Review, organize, prepare for processing, and file accounting documents.
• Establish training and testing programs which meet NAS410 and customer-specific requirements for all NDT Tech functions.
• Train and evaluate abilities of NDT personnel to process complex parts and interpret findings in accordance with Exotic and customer specifications and requirements.
• Apply expert knowledge to evaluate NDT methods and techniques. Utilize judgement to propose solutions to problems impacting effectiveness and productivity.
• Possess knowledge of Exotic manufacturing and NDT processes to be able to anticipate problems and to implement effective and productive inspection techniques.
• Conduct audits of NDT procedures and processes, and interface with customers as the primary contact to provide the necessary objective evidence to substantiate approval to requirements.
• Maintain NDT systems in compliance with customer, aerospace industry and regulatory requirements. Monitor performance and effectiveness of NDT systems and personnel.
• Create and approve NDT System documentation.
• Train and certify all skill levels of NDT inspection.
• Program and approve all Digital X-Ray systems.
• Assess equipment needs and enhancements to ensure robustness of NDT inspection systems.
• Monitor NDT processes and drive continuous improvement activities while verifying all Customer specifications are met.
• Responsible for auditing technical performance of personnel performing all NDT functions.
• Perform all work in accordance with established standards and safety procedures.
• Fully proficient in interpreting manufacturing planning, sketches, blueprints, and specifications, including views, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), symbols, and revision control.
• Few limitations but knows what they are and stops and finds appropriate interpretation when necessary.
• Create, evaluate, and approve technique sheets used in the FPI, Radiographic and Digital X-Ray Inspection process.
• Maintain customer approval for all NDT Level 3 activities. Meet requirements as specified in NAS410 for training, education, and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
• Experience in supporting Training/Certification of personnel in NDT roles
• Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in interfacing with customers, auditors, internal leaders.
• Maintain NAS 410 Level 2 and 3 certifications in FPI, Radiographic and Digital X-Ray Inspection.
• Knowledge of math as required for system checks and monitoring, and familiarity with precision measurement equipment.
• Capable of inspecting complex or custom parts in all NDT work centers.
• Ability to effectively interface and provide feedback to Quality Engineering, Design Engineering, and Manufacturing personnel.
• General knowledge of welding and forming processes
• Experience in troubleshooting and maintaining digital x-ray equipment.
• Experience in preparing for and supporting Nadcap & customer audits.
• Demonstrated experience in preparing/updating internal process procedures.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in Project Management.
Sit, stand and/or walk for 8 hours per day. Occasionally lift items that could be up to 25 pounds.