1. * Performs cleaning services using proper equipment and supplies, and follows procedures for safe use and operation.
2. * Cleans facilities, restrooms, common areas, cafeterias.
3. * Removes trash, replaces plastic trash bags.
4. * Dusts and polishes equipment, furniture, or fixtures.
5. * Cleans tables and microwaves.
6. * Vacuums carpets, sweeps, mops, and deodorizes floors.
7. * Cleans walls, arranges furniture, and cleans window blinds.
8. * Uses correct chemicals on all surfaces, fills all dispensers.
9. * Maintains quality of work and customer satisfaction. Responds to customer requests according to established procedures, or refers to supervisor.
10. * Cleans spills promptly.
11. * Cleans and maintains custodial equipment to ensure proper operation and safe condition.
12. May wax and buff floors on a regular basis.
13. May operate equipment such as a cardboard bailer.
14. May monitor inventory and supply areas.
15. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
* 0 to 1 year of work experience, preferably in custodial services;
* Ability to follow instructions on labels for proper and safe use of chemicals, supplies and equipment;
* Ability to follow structured process and procedures, and to learn to use specialized departmental equipment, including that used in custodial services such as scrubbers and buffers;
* Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests from customers and others; including ability to identify and report product and equipment needs;
* Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
* Availability to work evenings; flexibility of schedule changes, work duration and task assignments;
* Ability to manage and accurately track material resources and time, and adapt to changing work priorities;
* Demonstrated organizational, problem solving and common sense skills.
Work is performed in an office environment, or at a customer's location, such as a commissary environment, a federal courthouse, or a military base. Employees may be exposed to toxic chemicals, noise from equipment in maintenance environment, and depending on indoor and outdoor conditions, exposure to cold or heat.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
* Maneuvering in and around the worksite
* Standing and walking
* Bending, kneeling, reaching, and stooping
* Lifting boxes or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds, and up to 50 pounds occasionally
* Pushing or pulling objects such as vacuums, carts, mops, etc.
* May be required to push/pull equipment weighing up to 70 pounds
* Grasping both small & large objects
* Climbing ladders and/or step stools"