This Maintenance Manager position will focus on the Plant and Equipment within the companies facilities. The position will oversee work schedules, implementing a preventitive maintenance plan/schedule, hand on troubleshooting with employees, and mentor the maintenance team. Here is some of the equipment at their site slitters, shears/press, levelers, forklifts, cranes, among others.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Complies with work scheduling and attendance requirements according to reasonable policy and practices.
- Coordinates and directs day-to-day operations of the maintenance department including determining needed repairs and improvements, establishing project priorities, assigning work tasks, and scheduling work to most effectively meet facility needs.
- Supervises and directs the maintenance staff including Maintenance Workers and Specialists by providing training and development, monitoring and evaluating work performance, interviewing and hiring adequate staff, and disciplining staff as necessary.
- Confers with architects, engineers, contractors, and other staff regarding maintenance projects such as progress reports, work evaluations, and projectdetails.
- Documents departmental activities through preparation of various reports, work orders, maintenance schedules, and other incidental record keeping.
- Prepares, implements, and monitors departmental budget.
- Reviews and analyzes project specifications, drawings, and blueprints.
- Develops and maintains inventory of spare and repair parts, materials, and tools.
- Supervises and directs various seasonal projects such as roofing maintenance and repairs, parking lot repairs, and HVAC maintenance.
- Ensures all OSHA required training is administered to workers in accordance with established standards.