GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The position performs the duties of maintaining all buildings, structures, and production equipment in top condition and working order, while actively training others when time permits.
1. Plans and performs maintenance work from start to finish with minimal-to-no help from the supervisor.
2. Must be physically able to use various carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and welding mechanical tools. Must use equipment such as saws, hammers, drills, paint brushes, rollers or sprayers, and power tools such as grinders, sanders, and electric pipe threaders.
3. Responsible for all production equipment and support equipment. Equipment should be maintained in good working order, with repairs made as necessary.
4. Submits orders for supplies, materials and equipment as required for maintenance functions.
5. Leads in all technical applications, such as installations of new equipment.
6. Responsible for entering work orders for necessary repairs.
7. Responsible for the overall maintenance of production areas. Ensures all production areas and grounds are maintained in a safe and sanitary condition.
8. Responsible for completing daily time sheets.
9. May be called to come into work while off-duty, as emergencies arise.
10. Helps enforce departmental policies and procedures. Leads by example in these areas.
11. Performs other maintenance duties required or requested by the Maintenance Lead or Supervisor or arising from a natural or man-made disaster.
12. Regular, punctual attendance.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES FOR STEAM ENGINEERS:
**Must have a Steam Engineer License**
1. Boiler check at the beginning of the shift.
2. Boiler hourly checks on the hour.
3. Startup or shutdown of the boiler as needed and scheduled.
4. Participate in annual boiler inspections.
5. Maintain the plant steam system with repairs or replacement of steam traps, valves, filters and other components.