Maintenance Mechanic installs, repairs, maintains, adjusts and overhauls pumps, gearboxes, centrifuges, pipe fitting and cares for all the equipment in our busy chemical manufacturing plant in Marsing, Idaho. This is a key position that contributes to the overall safety and well-being of the manufacturing plant and client’s employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
– Perform maintenance on facility buildings, manufacturing equipment, various pumps, motors, piping, reactors, tanks, boilers to support 24 hour operations of the specialty chemical manufacturing plant.
– Work in the field, outdoors and in the mechanic’s skill area performing fabrication, erection, cutting, drilling, fitting and assembly of pipe and other equipment at various heights and on ladders, scaffolds and in pits as needed
– Operate Forklifts to move equipment, heavy loads and drums to work area
– Read and interpret blueprints, assembly diagrams, P&IDs and Isometric drawings
– Work from drawings, sketches & by following verbal or written instructions
– Work safely with and around toxic and corrosive chemicals wearing proper safety equipment (PPE) including hard hat, safety glasses, chemical resistant suit, dust mask, rubber gloves, respirator, safety boots, rain protection gear, apron and other equipment as required
– Promote Quality by demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness within safety / OSHA guidelines
– Observe All Safety, Security & Hazmat procedures using equipment and materials properly; following instructions and in case of an emergency
– Diagnose complex equipment failures, dismantle and reassemble complex equipment
– Install and rearrange complex equipment
– Maintain order; clean debris and lubricant from parts, work area and equipment
– Climb scaffolding, ladders and work at various heights;
– Lift 25 pounds regularly; safely lift up to 70 lbs.
– Complete routine paperwork and maintain accurate records
– Prioritize and plan work activities to complete work in timely manner & meet productivity expectations
– Solve problems, offer creative solutions, communicate ideas effectively
– Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; translate concepts into images; modify designs