Manufacturing Engineer – Irvine, CA $100k-$120k
Client is an Electronics Manufacturing company seeking an individual with experience in executing and implementing engineering defined processes in the manufacturing of electronic products. Qualified candidates must possess knowledge of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) software and quality control standards as they relate to electronic and electromechanical components. The position involves interaction with different teams within the organization: Production, Testing, Quality, and Purchasing. The successful candidate will be the engineering liaison assisting all departments in completing their manufacturing tasks, ensuring the production of high-quality products in the most efficient manner possible. The Manufacturing Engineer is a ‘hands on’ position that ensures that waste is minimized while
improving production process efficiency thus ensuring customers receive the highest level of product
* Direct, audit, and design production processes, tools, and methods to aid in the production of high-quality products.
* Train production personnel on the proper use and execution of tools, processes, and procedures.
* Improve assembly instruction documentation and verify that these instructions are properly executed by the production teams.
* Interact with contract manufacturers and other vendors regarding technical issues.
* Identify and analyze potential cost and quality improvement opportunities in production.
* Support receiving and associated inspection in the proper identification of received electronic components (e.g. resistors, capacitors, inductors, transformers, semiconductors, mechanical hardware).
* Analyze production processes, schedules, methods, and other data to provide management with data/statistics for better understanding future manufacturing process requirements
* Ensure that manufacturing processes remain in compliance with CE, UL, RoHS,
REACH, Counterfeit Component Mitigation, and other international standards.
* Analyze and assist in workflow planning, equipment placement and space requirements to improve manufacturing efficiency.
* Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair services to keep production equipment operational
* Focus on corrective actions ensuring that products meet required specifications
* Evaluate quality control processes and make recommendations for improvements.
Support Quality Control by:
* Collaborating in the analysis and inspection of non-compliant components or material (Counterfeit Parts Mitigation).
* Representing Engineering during MRB meetings and helping to advise the disposition of discrepant material.
* Reviewing and approving supplier corrective action reports.
* Lead efforts for approval of first articles.
Support Purchasing by:
* Approving purchase order technical details, creating drawing packages for contract manufactured assemblies, and providing drawings for purchased fabricated components (e.g. bare PCBs, magnetics, and sheet metal).
* Liaising with suppliers of all types (e.g. answer supplier-submitted
questions, and review and advise on the results of supplier corrective