Under supervision by the Drafting Project Manager (DPM), perform the Essential Functions within the broad parameters defined by the general organization requirements and commonly accepted practices. Total end results determine effectiveness of job performance.
1. Maintain professional appearance and conduct all matters in a professional manner. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
A. Schedule planned absences with Drafting Project Manager via the “Time Off Request” form. Immediately notify Drafting Project Manager regarding any unplanned absence.
B. Respond timely to all internal and external requests for information.
C. Adhere to schedules regarding the posting of all accounting documents, reports, etc.
D. Professionally operate internal communication devices (Phone, Internet, Intranet etc.)
E. Stay abreast of all company policies, procedures, and protocols.
F. Develop personal and professional goals, attend seminars, courses etc. to stay abreast of current building codes, construction practices, and industry trends.
2. Commit to project deadlines and general schedule defined by Drafting Project Manager and immediately notify Drafting Project Manager if schedule or deadline is jeopardized.
3. Consistently communicate project related design issues to Drafting Project Manager.
4. Maintain time card on an hourly basis.
5. Direct all internal Team communication relating to project production progress through Drafting Project Manager.
6. Direct all external communication with clients and consultants through Drafting Project Manager
7. Develop advanced knowledge base regarding company drafting systems and standards.
8. Enter all engineering information and markups into the CAD system.
9. Prepare changes on plans for as-built revisions, building department corrections, and client revisions.
10. Creates preliminary plots for record and filing.
11. Creates calculation key sheets for engineering Team.
12. Creates post-tension cable layouts per engineering design criteria.
13. Drafts structural details as designed by engineers.
14. Set up and prepare preliminary line work for all project types for initial engineering.
15. Reviews own work and project related work of other Teams for accuracy. Immediately notifies Drafting Project Manager regarding any discrepancies.
16. Prepare backgrounds from clients to be used in-house.
17. Revise plans per Engineer’s field fixes.
18. In the absence of the Drafting Project Manager, make all reports to the Director of Drafting.