1. Utilizes all aspects of an electronic procurement system, including bidding, requisitioning, contracting, receiving, and vendor management.
2. Purchases commodities and services for departments, districts, and other public agencies.
3. Obtains bids by formal or informal methods and assists departments with the preparation of specifications according to their needs and requirements.
4. Enforces compliance with contracts and specifications. Negotiates routine terms and conditions such as delivery times and destination, shipping and freight prices, trade-in credits, and discounts.
5. Advises and trains departmental representatives regarding methods of solicitation, evaluation techniques, and procurement. Assists with the preparation and review of documents.
6. Meets with vendors and obtains product information from sales representatives and trade publications, and generates bid lists to notify vendors of opportunities to bid. Conducts site visits and participates in public activities as directed.
7. Reviews proposals and bids for cost effectiveness and conformance to specifications; tabulates scores, prepares recaps for approval, and makes award recommendations; and assists with pre-proposal conferences and organizes evaluation teams.
8. Establishes and implements contracts, utilizing standard language and templates.
9. Resolves problems, such as damaged goods, delivery delays, incorrect merchandise, billing, and payment errors.
10. Notifies departments of new products and arranges for samples and demonstrations from vendors.
11. Assists with the liquidation of surplus property, and the issuing of salvage bids and trade-in allowances.
12. Drafts correspondence and reports and assists in preparing presentation materials.
13. Serves in the Logistics section of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) upon assignment and coordinates the development of emergency operations plan(s) related to the procurement of goods and services.
14. Provides vacation and temporary relief as required.