The Resident Engineer is responsible for performing detailed technical analysis in our core and expanding disciplines for commercial and government customers. This individual leverages his/her technical experience, expertise, and sound engineering practices to provide high quality technical work on time and budget. This person will also be expected to offer alternative engineering solutions and identify areas for improvement relevant to assigned projects and technical activities. The Resident Engineer may be assigned a specific task within a larger project to lead as needed, which will include overseeing the technical activities of a small team. In support of this activity, the Resident Engineer will also participate in defining, developing, and managing the associated budget and schedule. This person will be responsible for preparing relevant technical documents and supporting both internal and external briefings. Reports to a Principal Research Engineer.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs specialized, highly technical design and analysis tasks in the areas of vehicle modeling, guidance, navigation and control, flight test, and related fields with an emphasis on development and implementation of innovative solutions.
* Designs and implements C/C++ based tools and displays in the areas of flight test, vehicle assessment, aircraft/eVTOL certification, autonomous operations, and other needs as assigned.
* Develops and implements aircraft display concepts in support of advanced control and guidance algorithms.
* Performs tasks within schedule with consistency, accuracy, and attention to detail.
* Develops test protocols/procedures, collects and analyzes data, and creates detailed reports.
* Provides technical leadership and guidance to other team members under the supervision of project leads.
* Designs and implements solutions to address identified problems.
* Provides requirements and recommendations to internal functions and project groups.
* Participates in the preparation of project plans, schedules, and budgets.
* Executes and delivers assigned technical tasks while remaining within established schedule and budget constraints.
* Delegates and oversees tasks within a larger effort to other engineers and technical staff
* Prepares technical documents.
* Communicates with customers in the course of completing assigned technical work.
* Maintains project files and appropriate records of work, compliant with company and aerospace industry standards, practices, and regulations.
* Supports tracking progress, identifies and resolves obstacles to minimize disruption to project schedules to ensure smooth project operations.
* Performs basic program management duties.
* Meets all Company timelines processes, trainings and initiatives.
* Participates in Company sponsored events.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Director of Engineering Services
* VP & Technical Director of Engineering Services
* Staff Engineers
* Resident Engineers
* Senior Research Engineers
* Principal Research Engineers
* Program Manager