Atlanta, GA, Georgia
Our client is seeking an experienced Electrical Designer. The ideal candidate will have consulting engineering experience in power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, communications, electronic safety and security systems, and grounding for educational (K-12 and higher education) and/or commercial facilities. Aviation experience is a plus. Medium voltage design experience is required. This position has some day-related flexible work schedules and work-from-home options.
• Produces finished plans and specifications and final acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer’s quality, and field construction results.
• Typical design tasks include power distribution at low and medium voltage, lighting, fire alarm, communications, electronic safety, and security systems, control and calculations, grounding system design, and power study analysis.
• Serves as a job captain on single discipline projects and may serve as a job captain on multi-discipline projects.
• Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of the project.
• Writes scope of work for design based on preliminary review and meetings with the customer.
• May be requested to perform project management functions.
• May assign and review work of project design team. Checks progress of work and alerts project manager to changes of scope or additional services.
• May represent the firm in meetings and conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate a project.
• May prepare total design and construction cost estimates.
• Associate degree or certification of completion of other post-secondary training in Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience as a Designer or nineteen (19) years of experience with the former employer(s).
• Experience with medium voltage is strongly desired.