The Sewing Inspector will perform first-article in-process and final inspection of item manufactured or procured for use as a contracted end item. Inspection includes the use of inspection tools and instruments to demonstrate compliance to specifications and visual inspection by attributes for workmanship in accordance with internal or customer specifications and standards, as well as verification of all appropriate documentation. Generally, this position requires as a high degree of visual acuity and close attention to detail. Job functions are listed below:
- Inspection of materials, parts, processes and final products.
- Inspects close tolerance items using standard inspection equipment, procedures/ drawings and set-ups.
- Verify paperwork accompany inspected items is correct and complete
- Perform first article, in-process and final inspection
- Prepares and files all required quality documentation and records for the inspection area assigned
- Responsible for actively pursuing continuous improvements in the position and assigned area
- Performs other duties, consistent with the position, as required or assigned