JOB TITLE:Senior Electrical Engineer
WORK LOCATION:Santa Clara, CA
TYPE OF WORK/DURATION: Contract-to-Hire
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard engineering methods and techniques for the execution of work on small to larger projects.
- Develop concept programming reports & Design from concept programming through execution.
- Interface with the design team, project managers and clients to lead the effort for the development of electrical design packages.
- Prepare and review construction documents (construction specifications, submittals, RFI’s).
- Direct and coach junior engineers and designers.
- Knowledge of primary and secondary (low voltage) normal power distribution systems, emergency power distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and associated power distribution systems with an emphasis on facility redundancy and reliability.
- Low voltage power system modeling and coordination.
- Perform design with assuring code compliance.
- Experience with auxiliary systems including grounding, lighting, lighting controls, generators, UPS, battery systems, photovoltaic systems, lightning protection, fire alarm, early warning smoke detection, gas monitoring, leak detection, security, and telecommunications systems.