JOB TITLE:Senior Mechanical Engineer (HVAC)
WORK LOCATION:Santa Clara, CA
TYPE OF WORK/DURATION: Contract-to-Hire
PAY RATE: DOE
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
This Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for detailed phases of engineering work on major projects or total engineering work on projects of smaller or moderate scope.The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods and techniques on work of small projects or on portions of larger projects.
- Execute mechanical design from conceptual design and criteria development through construction document production and provide engineering support during construction.
- Develop mechanical system layouts, equipment sizing, selection and associated specification and scope of work write-up.
- Perform plumbing and/or schematic fire protection design on selected projects.
- Design of air systems, fans, ducting and dampers.
- Design of hydronic systems.
- Developing construction contract documents.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Exercises occasional judgment in making adaptations or modifications to design concepts.
- Reviews work with supervisor to ensure the application of sound engineering practices and professional judgment.
- May supervise, coordinate, and direct the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking his/her portion of the completed drawings.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing cost estimates.
- Performs design work on AutoCAD and Revit modeling software.
- Use design software including Trane Trace Load 700, Handsdown Psychrometric analysis, PIPE-FLOW and TRIFLEX.
- Attend and participate in design reviews (internal/external) as necessary.