Minneapolis, MN, Minnesota
Our client in Minneapolis MN is seeking an experienced electrical/electronic technician to work in its Electrical Engineering Lab. This position will support complex product and support equipment; design, development, fabrication, assembly, test, inspection, troubleshooting, rework and repair.
Required skills include proficient use of electronic test equipment, machine tools and hand tools.
Specific skills include:
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and sketches.
• Fabrication, assembly, test and inspection per engineering drawings, sketches and verbal instructions.
• Conduct testing and generate report data.
• Calibration and alignment checks.
• Equipment adjustments, modifications, reworks and repairs.
• Able to work as part of a group or team.
• Experience assembling electronic and mechanical equipment and components.
• Assemble, rework and repair of circuit boards containing surface mount and through-hole components.
• Fabricate mechanical and electrical parts from sketches/drawings and prepare samples for testing. Operate equipment necessary to fulfill these duties.
• Maintain a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Preferred skills include proficient use of complex fabrication equipment, fabrication and assembly to precise tolerances and standards, and ability to understand complex engineering drawings and information.
• Assist engineers in the design and development of new systems and equipment.
• Develop and prepare schematics, design specifications, and parts lists, or makes recommendations regarding these items.
• Review designs, specifications of test equipment, or tools for adequacy.
• Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection, set-up, operation, maintenance, calibration, troubleshooting and repairing a wide variety equipment
• Troubleshooting of electronic, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic/pneumatic systems.
• Determine engineering/test data to be collected, extract information, and perform calculations to analyze test data.
• Create test procedures, conduct tests, record data, analyze data and write reports. • Trained and proficient in manufacturing & quality requirements of IPC/WHMA-A-620 and IPC-610 or have knowledge of these requirements.
Minimum of 2 years as a technician performing related tasks, either in a production or prototype environment.