Auburn Hills, Michigan
$16-$17 per hr
Entry Level-Customer Facing
Remote Monday, Friday
In office Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
7:30AM-4:30PM (with some flexibility)
The “Customer Care Clerk” is a metrics-driven position responsible for accurately and efficiently following up on open customer orders, which includes working with supply chain to find out dates product will be shipping, sorting the shared customer care box, providing proof of deliveries, working with Distribution Managers to provide packing slip copies as needed, being a backup for order entry for PTO coverage, and completing other related assignments which contribute to the department and company as a whole.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete all tasks in a safe manner, complying with all company safety related policies and procedures.
• Maintain customer service inbox – following up on status requests, working with customers to provide documents needed (proof of deliveries, packing slips etc) and keep in communication with our customers
• Work with supply chain and distribution managers to follow up on customer late open orders
• Support Logistics department with transactional activity as required and available
• Serve as a backup for order entry for coverage of PTO
• Maintain paperwork according to Sarbanes Oxley requirements
• Complete general administrative work including filing, faxing, etc.
• Assist team members with projects and tasks as assigned.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Solid computer skills and data entry abilities
• General knowledge of ERP systems
• Efficiency using Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Data Entry experience required
• Strong attention to detail
• Deadline driven with the ability to multi-task
• Analytical mind-set
• Ability to identify issues and propose improvements; keen problem solving skills
• Ability to contribute as an individual as well as a team-member
• Demonstrated effective listening skills
• comfortable to be assertive to ask for help, over and over again, without fail—until the job is done right and they can duplicate the results without issue
• unafraid of making a mistake, and not take it to heart or become defensive/intimidated to try again
• have a reliable methodology for note taking / way to retain information and one off situations to reduce time to ramp up and be fully operational
• High School diploma or equivalency required
• Associates Degree preferred
• Effective listening skills
• Positive “can-do” attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance; stoop, kneel, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Office environment
• Occasional work in a warehouse environment for special projects