1st Shift – 7am – 3:30pm
Pay starting at $19/hr – $22/hr
Pay is based off experience. Please be sure to list desired rate in the comments section.
Operates two or more production machines working from blueprints, sketches, and route sheets. Looking for precision machining. Lapping, honing, tolerances and complex machining. Contributes to lean initiatives to increase productivity and reduce costs. Works with general guidance in a team environment.
1. Sets up and runs production machines. Performs machine operations (including reworking parts) such as cutting, shaping, deburring, forming, drilling, and reaming parts, where the materials, tooling, and sequence of operations have been pre‐planned and established. Makes necessary machine adjustments and reports improper functioning or cutting action for correction.
2. Performs operations such as tapping, spot‐facing, chamfering, countersinking, and counterboring to close tolerances.
3. Aligns and fastens parts using standard fixtures and established methods.
4. Adjusts feeds, speeds, and depth of cut to machine quality parts, per documentation.
5. Removes burrs, sharp edges, tool marks, or other irregularities from machined parts. Burring operations involve general production parts ranging from the simplest to the more complex.
6. Inspects parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments, gages, and comparators. Uses various types of magnification equipment to detect and avoid damage to surfaces and critical areas. Visually inspects parts for burrs and damaged machined surfaces.
7. Routinely maintains equipment to ensure cleanliness, accuracy, and reliability specific to division requirements.
8. Accurately and regularly performs all statistical process control (SPC) specific to division requirements.
9. Actively participates in lean initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work area.
10. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
11. Performs other related responsibilities, as requested.
1. Two years related machining experience. High school diploma or general educational development (GED) certificate is required. Machine Tool certification/diploma preferred.
2. Able to read and follow blueprints, specifications, and verbal instructions.
3. Has working knowledge of machine shop mathematics, may include trigonometry.
4. Effectively applies lean initiatives.
5. Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
6. Interprets reports and uses job specific software applications. Able to use employee self‐service systems to access on‐line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e., PMR, TORS, e‐mail).
7. Effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self‐development activities.