Sterling Heights, MI | Minneapolis, MN, Michigan,Minnesota
What’s it like realizing your potential at an innovative company that takes on some of the world’s most important challenges? Rewarding!
Our client’s reputation is built on delivering quality products that meet our customer’s standards and help protect our U.S. service members. We rely on our team of engineers to help make it possible.
We are hiring a Reliability Engineer to join our Systems Engineering team. This is a great opportunity to work along-side experienced professionals who are ready to help you advance your career and support your development. Our client values our workforce and works a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off and offer a hybrid option to work remotely 1-2 days /week in addition to a competitive salary and benefit packages to help achieve a balanced life. This position can be located at our Fridley, MN or Sterling Heights, MI site. As a Senior Systems Diagnostics Engineer, you will support our combat vehicle team for evaluating design changes and modifications for diagnostics implications and recommending improvements where feasible. You will interact closely with lead reliability engineers and design engineers. Potential programs to support includes: the Armored Multi-Purpose Vehicle (AMPV), the Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV), Bradley Family Of Vehicles and the Recovery Family Of Vehicles.
The Senior Systems Diagnostics Engineer will:
• Work across functional teams to develop and optimize diagnostics and testability designs using model-based techniques for complex weapons systems.
• Develops diagnostics and troubleshooting strategies, testing, and analysis methods for complex problems in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Proactively interface and communicate with suppliers, subcontractors, and customers to integrate diagnostics and testability analysis and solutions at the system level.
• Provide a cost effective capability to detect and isolate faults known or expected to occur in systems and equipment.
• Understands subsystem and system integration and may conduct design reviews (internal and external).
• Provide support for verification and validation activities of supportability designs during fabrication, assembly and test.
• Prepare presentation materials for senior management and for internal/external customers.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with peers and customers to solve technical problems, to work successfully in a team environment. Interfaces well with upper level management and the customer. Conducts effective meetings and discussions at any level of the organization.
• Provides technical leadership, expert technical consultation or advice, or mentoring to others related to on-going technological and analytical advances in current domain areas. This includes routinely providing leadership or technical guidance to several levels of technical personnel, senior management, and external customers.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to give technical presentations to large audiences.
• Ability to develop project plans and manage execution as defined by the project plan. Ability to manage tasks against cost and schedule.
• Experience with testability program activities such as defined by MIL-HDBK-2165
• Familiarity with system architecture development
• Familiarity with systems and diagnostics modeling tools such as eXpress and Cameo
• Familiarity with software development and testing activities
• Familiarity with software code and programming languages
• Familiarity with fault tree analysis
• Ability to read electrical schematics and logic diagrams
• Experience with complex military systems
BS degree in Engineering/Science with 8 or more years of related experience. Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.